Monday 27 February 2012

Daytripping

I’ve just booked myself a day trip to Glasgow in June. Not the sanest of ideas when I live in the far South West of England. But with the combination of Easyjet having a sale and the ability to spend Nectar points on flights I grabbed some tickets for the princely sum of £13! Amusingly this is more then it will cost to park for the day at Bristol Airport.



Hopefully I'll be spending my time up there seeing a good friend of mine, but if she can't make it then I'll have a good look around.

On the subject of spontaneous day trips, I’ve been wondering where I can get to and back in a day for the least money. I set myself an nominal £50 budget with £60-70 as a maximum. One itinerary I managed to come up with was a trip to Manchester .
  • Cycle to Exeter Airport - Free
  • Fly to Manchester - £40 
  • Train/Bus into the city - £4.50
  • Lunch and meeting friends - not including in the budget 
  • Megabus back to Exeter - £12 
Plus the extra of the bus back to Exeter airport to collect the bike the following day!
Think I might play with a few more travel sites over the next few days and see what else I can come up with

Update: The local airline has hiked their fees again (doubling of card fee and 'fuel recovery' fees) so it looks like that idea might be a non starter now.

No comments:

Post a Comment